Tuesday, February 16, 2021
The PRO Act has been introduced in Congress and we need your help to get it passed. The bill would drastically change labor laws to better support working people. Some of the things it would do include:
- Require mediation and, if needed, binding arbitration to reach a first contract.
- Close loopholes in federal labor law that employers have used to misclassify workers as supervisors or independent contractors.
- Bar employers from forcing workers to sign away their rights to class-action litigation.
- Give the NLRB power to enforce its own rulings, like other federal agencies, without waiting for court decisions.
- Allow workers to go to court directly when employers violate their rights, instead of relying only on the NLRB general counsel for help.
- Affirm the right of workers to support boycotts, strikes or other acts of solidarity through peaceful protests.
Call the number above and tell your Congressman to support the PRO Act. You can find more information including a script for your call and graphics to share on social media by clicking here.