Monday, June 13, 2016
This year the IBEW Utility Labor Council has been making a big push to pass the Utility Workers Assault bill. This legislation is already law in New Jersey and Massachusetts and would make the assault of anyone while working for a utility company a class D felony. Many meter readers and personnel in collections face serious threats of violence when just performing their work duties.
The bill has passed through the State Senate, but with time running out on thelegislative session we need to build on that momentum over the next 2 weeks and getthe bill passed in the Assembly.
The Utility Workers Assault Bill has gained over 20 sponsors and has gone further then in previous years. We need every member of Local 36 to contact your Assemblymember and ask them to help protect Utility Workers.
- Bob Oaks - 518-455-5655 - Oaksr@assembly.state.ny.us
- Brian Kolb - 518-455-3751 - kolbB@assembly.state.ny.us
- Phillip Palmesano - 518-455-4644 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Nojay - 518-455-5918 - email@example.com
- Peter Lawrence - 518-455-3093 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Johns - 518-455-5784 - Johnsm@assembly.state.ny.us
- Joseph Morelle - 518-455-5647 - email@example.com
- David Gantt - 518-455-5606 - ganttD@assembly.state.ny.us
- Harry Bronson - 518-455-4527 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Giglio - 518-455-5241 - email@example.com